YEAR OF THE WORD
HOW YOU CAN MAKE A FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION
TO ENGLISH MARTYRS PARISH.
1. Standing order* – the advantage of a standing order is that you can stop it, restart it, increase it or decrease it any time to suit you. You can download the form using the button below which we can send to your bank or you can set this up yourself.
Click on standord to download form.
2. Direct debit – this scheme is administered by the Diocese in Portsmouth and you can download the form using the button below.
Click on dirdeb to download form.
3. Envelopes – these are for each week of the year and you can contribute each week what is right for you. We would ask at this time that you do not include coins. Notes or cheques are fine.
4. Cheques – you can post or drop of a cheque through the letterbox at the Presbytery. Please make cheques payable to ‘PRCDTR Reading English Martyrs Church’. Cheques are being banked every couple of weeks.
5. Cash – you can drop off cash in an envelope through the letterbox at the Presbytery or post it to us. We would ask that you do not include coins at this time.
6. Donate button – you can click on the donate button on our website, this does include an option to gift aid your contribution. There is a transaction fee of 4.8%.
*standing orders are our preferred method of receiving contributions.
We would ask that you complete a gift aid declaration for any of the above options if you are a UK tax payer as this enables us to claim an additional 25% from the government on top of what you have donated. You can download a gift aid declaration form from the website. This can be signed and dated and scanned back to [email protected] or posted or dropped through the letterbox at the presbytery.
Bank account details
Bank account name: PRCDTR Reading English Martyrs
Account number: 00885666
Sort code: 30-93-04
Parish address;- Parish Office, 64 Liebenrood Road, Reading. RG30 2EB
How much to contribute
This is up to each individual and should be what you can afford. Our current average planned giving contribution is £30 and ranges from £2 to over £100 a month. Some parishioners do increase their planned contributions each year and we ask that you consider this if you are able to.
Copies of forms
If you would like any of the printed forms printed off and posted or dropped off to you, please email [email protected] and we can organise this.